[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Implementing a multi-select table

zzzz8 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 15 17:59:20 EDT 2006

I'm having trouble implementing a multi-select table in my project.  By multi-select table, I mean a datatable where one can select via a checkbox one or more table rows.  When a JSF action is invoked, the action operates on the chosen row(s).

I'm implementing this in an ugly fashion right now.  Within a JSF datatable, I add a column that is composed of a boolean checkbox (h:selectBooleanCheckbox).  I also bind this datatable to a UIComponent on my backing bean.  When the JSF action is invoked, I go through each datatable row, checking to see if the HtmlSelectBooleanCheckbox object has been selected for that row.  If it has been selected, then I add the row data onto a list.  I then move on to the next row and repeat...  It's ugly, but it works.

However, I'm moving over to Seam and it's failing.  I'm getting the following exception:

javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Cannot set value for expression '#{selectJobList.removeUIData}' to a new value of type javax.faces.component.html.HtmlDataTable
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: No conversation context active

I'm assuming this is due to the use of binding the datatable...  However, I need the binding to figure out which boolean checkbox was selected.

So my questions are -

1.  What am I doing wrong here?
2.  What is the best way of implementing a multi-select table in Seam?

TIA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965374#3965374

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965374