[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Design Question and Seam/JSF question

jkrupka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 10:26:54 EDT 2006

I'm still working on my extension of the Seam CRUD app.  I've been able to do everything I needed to so far, but have ran into a snag.  My immediate question is how can you see the JSF outcome after hitting a button on a page?  I think I know what it is, because of where the page flow goes, but it's not what I expected.  I have it in debug, and the first time i hit that button it stops at my breakpoint, I can see what happens, and it proceeds normally.  When i navigate back to this page by way of a button on the new page, then hit that same button, it skips my breakpoint  that is in that action method for that button and goes to an unexpected page - I can't find what it's doing!

The design question I have is this - my CRUD app is for 3 tables, table A is the parent, B is the child of A, and C is the child of B.  I was playing with this to see how I could pass the key fields from A to B, and from B to C, so the user doesn't have to remember them.  Right now when the user is on an A record, and clicks to create a B, i put an the instance of A as a conversation context variable.  It does work, but I have a feeling this isn't the best way of doing things..?  Maybe abusing biijection is causing some weird behavior?

Thanks a bunch...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965488#3965488

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965488