[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - generating EJBs with Xdoclet, deployed on jboss4.0.2/ EJB sp

MmarcoM do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 11:35:22 EDT 2006

hi all,
  i have written few EJBs (2.0)and have generated releted classes using xdoclet..
i have deployed them on jboss 4.0.2, and as a result i got this followign exception

  | ..
  | Bean   : StatusRecipient
  | Method : public abstract Collection findStatusRecipients(String, String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.
  |
  | 2006-08-16 16:14:31,015 WARN  [org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : ReplenRequest
  | Method : public abstract ReplenRequestLocal findByRecordKey(String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.
  |
  | 2006-08-16 16:14:31,015 WARN  [org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : TransferRecord
  | Method : public abstract Collection findTransferRecord(String, int, int, String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.
  | .

Thing is, i don't know why jboss is raising this excepiton since i can see the query correctly defined in ejb-jar.xml and in the generated LocalHome...

here are my files...(i pick only one of EJBs, since it looks like it fails for every custom finder..)

**** ExpectedReceipt ****

  | /**
  |  * @ejb.bean
  |  *		name="ExpectedReceipt"
  |  *		type="CMP"
  |  *		primkey-field="receiptID"
  |  *		view-type="local"
  |  *		local-jndi-name="marco/mw/ExpectedReceiptLocalHome"
  |  *
  |  * @ejb.persistence table-name="expectedreceipt"
  |  *
  |  * @ejb.finder
  |  * 		signature="com.marco.mw.ejb.ExpectedReceiptLocal findByRecordKey(String recordKey)"
  |  * 		query="select object(o) from ExpectedReceipt o 	where o.recordKey = ?1"
  |  *
  |  * @ejb.finder
  |  * 		signature="com.marco.mw.ejb.ExpectedReceiptLocal
  |  * 					findByTicket(String ticket)"
  |  * 		query="select object(o) from ExpectedReceipt o
  |  * 				where o.ticket = ?1"
  |  *
  |  */
  | ..

*** ejb-jar.xml ***

  | <query>
  |             <query-method>
  |                <method-name>findByRecordKey</method-name>
  |                <method-params>
  |                   <method-param>String</method-param>
  |                </method-params>
  |             </query-method>
  |             <ejb-ql><![CDATA[select object(o) from ExpectedReceipt o where o.recordKey = ?1]]></ejb-ql>
  |          </query>
  |          <query>
  |             <query-method>
  |                <method-name>findByTicket</method-name>
  |                <method-params>
  |                   <method-param>String</method-param>
  |                </method-params>
  |             </query-method>
  |             <ejb-ql><![CDATA[select object(o) from ExpectedReceipt o where o.ticket = ?1]]></ejb-ql>
  |          </query>
  | 	  <!-- Write a file named ejb-finders-ExpectedReceiptBean.xml if you want to define extra finders. -->

and here's the localHome of bean, generated by xdoclet

  |   public com.marco.mw.ejb.ExpectedReceiptLocal create(java.lang.String receiptID)
  |       throws javax.ejb.CreateException;
  |
  |    public com.marco.mw.ejb.ExpectedReceiptLocal findByRecordKey(String recordKey)
  |       throws javax.ejb.FinderException;
  |
  |    public com.marco.mw.ejb.ExpectedReceiptLocal findByTicket(String ticket)
  |       throws javax.ejb.FinderException;
  |
  |    public com.marco.mw.ejb.ExpectedReceiptLocal findByPrimaryKey(java.lang.String pk)
  |       throws javax.ejb.FinderException;

can anyone help me out?
heres' the exception

  | Bean   : StatusRecipient
  | Method : public abstract Collection findStatusRecipients(String, String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.
  |
  | 2006-08-16 16:14:31,015 WARN  [org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : ReplenRequest
  | Method : public abstract ReplenRequestLocal findByRecordKey(String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.
  |
  | 2006-08-16 16:14:31,015 WARN  [org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : TransferRecord
  | Method : public abstract Collection findTransferRecord(String, int, int, String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.
  |
  | 2006-08-16 16:14:31,015 WARN  [org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : ReceiptConfirmation
  | Method : public abstract ReceiptConfirmationLocal findByRecordKey(String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.
  |
  | 2006-08-16 16:14:31,031 WARN  [org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : ExpectedReceipt
  | Method : public abstract ExpectedReceiptLocal findByRecordKey(String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.
  |
  | 2006-08-16 16:14:31,031 WARN  [org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : ExpectedReceipt
  | Method : public abstract ExpectedReceiptLocal findByTicket(String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.
  |
  | 2006-08-16 16:14:31,046 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.verifier] Bean checked: Configurator: Verified.
  | 2006-08-16 16:14:31,062 WARN  [org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : SiteTransmissionType
  | Method : public abstract Collection findByWarehouseAndDlf(String, String) throws FinderException
  | Section: 10.5.6
  | Warning: Every finder method except findByPrimaryKey(key) must be associated with a query element in the deployment descriptor.

it looksl ike every custom finder i created fails.....
any clues?

thanks in advance and regards
 marco

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965520#3965520