[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Design Question and Seam/JSF question

jkrupka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 12:08:48 EDT 2006

Something else I just noticed, on the request that seems to go to the wrong page, the following line gets printed to the console:

"[HtmlRendererUtils] There should always be a submitted value for an input if it is rendered, its form is submitted, and it is not disabled or read-only."

Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not..

Here's part of the code for the seam component, the Editor for what would be table B in the hierarchy:

  | @Name("eTStatusEditor")
  | @Stateful
  | @Interceptors(SeamInterceptor.class)
  | public class ETStatusEditorBean implements ETStatusEditor {
  |
  | 	@In(create = true)
  | 	private EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  | 	@Valid
  | 	private ETStatus instance = new ETStatus();
  |
  | 	@TransactionAttribute(NOT_SUPPORTED)
  | 	@Out(scope=ScopeType.CONVERSATION, required = false, value="parentEtStatus")
  | 	public ETStatus getInstance() {
  |
  | 		initStatus();
  | 		return instance;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@TransactionAttribute(NOT_SUPPORTED)
  | 	@Begin(join=true)
  | 	private void initStatus() {
  | 		if (parentEtMaster != null) {
  | 			instance.getId().setPartkey(parentEtMaster.getPartkey());
  | 			isChild = true;
  | 		}
  | 		else {
  | 			isChild = false;
  | 		}
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setInstance(ETStatus instance) {
  | 		this.instance = instance;
  |
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@Out(required = false, scope=ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | 	@In(required = false, value="parentEtMaster", scope=ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | 	private ETMaster parentEtMaster;
  |
  | 	@TransactionAttribute(NOT_SUPPORTED)
  | 	public ETMaster getParentEtMaster() {
  | 		return parentEtMaster;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setParentEtMaster(ETMaster eTMaster) {
  | 		this.parentEtMaster = eTMaster;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	private boolean isNew = true;
  |
  | 	@TransactionAttribute(NOT_SUPPORTED)
  | 	public boolean isNew() {
  | 		return isNew;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setNew(boolean isNew) {
  | 		this.isNew = isNew;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	private boolean isChild = true;
  |
  | 	@TransactionAttribute(NOT_SUPPORTED)
  | 	public boolean isChild() {
  | 		return isChild;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setChild(boolean isChild) {
  | 		this.isChild = isChild;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	private String doneOutcome = "find";
  |
  | 	public void setDoneOutcome(String outcome) {
  | 		doneOutcome = outcome;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	private String doneChildOutcome = "doneChild";
  |
  | 	public void setDoneChildOutcome(String outcome) {
  | 		doneChildOutcome = outcome;
  | 	}
  | /*this is the action method that gets called the first time the button is hit, but seems to get skipped the second time it's hit...*/
  | 	public String updateAndCreateChild() {
  | 		refreshFinder();
  | 		return "child";
  | 	}

Thanks again, I'm running out of ideas on this one...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965535#3965535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965535