[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jbpm.sar deployment from ant file lost when server is re

brado do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 12:52:26 EDT 2006

Ronald,

Thanks for the reply. Hey, what's the chances of getting jBPM releases up on ibiblio/maven2 with poms that hold all dependencies?

Also, here's another side question that's more about archive classloading than anything (working on multiple appservers, sometimes get wires crossed). I had a JAR library I developed, my custom SAR, and a webapp (WAR) I developed, all of which I put inside an EAR. All of the dependencies (JAR files) pulled in nicely to the EAR root, which alleviates the need to figure out each JAR to put into the server//lib directory. I gunned up JBoss, only to discover that even though all of my dependencies sat in the EAR root, the SAR and the WAR in my EAR were suffering ClassNotFoundExceptions, because they apparently these JARs in the EAR weren't on the classpath. Does this sound right? As I recall, an EAR was supposed to have its own ClassLoader and the contained SAR and WAR ClassLoaders were supposed to delegate to the EAR ClassLoader if a class could not be found. What am I missing?

Sorry -- I know these aren't jBPM questions per se, but they seemed analog to the thread.

Cheers,

Brad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965545#3965545

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965545