[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - My collection is not initializing; due to inheritance?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 21:59:18 EDT 2006

I have a Person class, which keeps a List of MailingAddress objects.  There is a sub-class of Person called Customer which adds a few fields.  The MailingAddress itself is a sub-class of an Address object.  Person has @OneToMany annotation on its MailingAddress collection, and Address has a @ManyToOne annotation on its Person member.

When I use a PersistenceManager to load up a Customer from the DB, the list of MailingAddresses is always empty.

Is this type of use supported?  When I create a new Customer, I also create a new MailingAddress.  I set the MailingAddress in the Customer and then I persist the Customer, and I can see it is all saved in the db.  But when I load the Customer back, it gives me an empty List.  I think it's not even a proxy; it's just a plain old Java List.

I know there are two inheritances happening here: Customer is a subclass of Person, and MailingAddress is a subclass of Address.  Should this be working?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965610#3965610

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965610