[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Is there a workable version of JBossSEAM?

chuckadams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 22:45:02 EDT 2006

Make sure you use the JEMS installer and the ejb3 profile, as is mentioned in the docs.  Edit jboss.home in build.properties in the root of the seam distribution.  Then you can build examples.  I recommend the booking example, since it comes with a bunch of "help" files you can view while using it that demonstrate seam's features.

I've never gotten seam to work with eclipse WTP, nor does seam-gen work for me.  I continue to vent my spleen about this fact on the forums, but I did have success with netbeans by following this guide: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/bleonard/archive/2006/05/trying_out_jbos.html

As a bonus, the aforementioned blog entry shows you exactly how seam components replace JSF backing beans, which as a newbie to JSF, I found fairly educational.

Some people have reported success with java studio creator and its spiffy wysiwyg jsp and page flow editors.  Personally I'd like to use drools and jBPM, so I will have to stick with eclipse, but eclipse and seam are both fighting me every step of the way there.  Somewhat ironic considering JBoss's close relationship with eclipse.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965614#3965614

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965614