[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityManager: For newbies or to close gaps in your know

chuaky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 04:06:00 EDT 2006

dear bfo81,

I got some problems with Entity Manager and still troubleshooting, hope you could help.

What i did was to make a sample war file by piecing the seam examples together:

1.  First use example/portal and add facelets and tomahawk support

2.  Modify to include EJB3 (changing component.xml, persistence.xml, jboss-beans, ejb-jar.xml).  I refer example/issues for the EJB3 portion.

I encountered problem when retrieving the entitymanager which seems to be null after i compare variable "em" with null.

   @PersistenceContext(unitName="entityManager")
   private EntityManager em;

I couldn't find whats wrong with those xml files (which is reference from example/issues)

I would like to ask if we would deploy EJB3 using WAR file?

Hope you could point me in the right direction ... quite tiring to troubleshoot because new to this.

My main purpose is to use seam + portlet + facelets + tomahawk + ejb3.

Many thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965645#3965645

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965645