[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: SchedulableMBean arguments

thehunt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 06:14:20 EDT 2006

I found the following definition for target method argument of the SimpleScheduleProvider. Should be the same for the other providers as well.

----------------

Target Method
    Defines the method on the Target that is invoked by the Manager when a timed notification is handled. It starts with the method name, optionally followed by a list a parameters in brackets. Predefined parameteres are:

    * ID: Schedule Instance Id
    * NOTIFICATION: JMX Notification (Event) that is send by the JMX Timer Service
    * DATE: Current Date (and time)
    * REPETITIONS: Remaining Repetitions or -1 if no limit is set
    * SCHEDULER_NAME: Service Name of the Schedule Manager
    * NEXT_DATE: Expected Date of the next timed notification

any other parameter is treated as class name that is used to look up the method and the Schedule Manager will provide a null value.

Isnt that an extremely static and inflexible implementation? For example if I want a schedule to add a certain number to another already known number, then I just cant pass the first number as an argument. I have to make 1 Mbean or Schedulable Class for every different number I may want to add.

For now my only solution is to extend the ScheduleManager and override some of its methods so that I permit custom parameters propagation from the provider to the target object.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965684#3965684

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965684