[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: i18n entity validation message?

mosabua do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 11:53:11 EDT 2006

Thanks Smies. I guess I should give myself a RTFM. Oh well. I have read that documentation and found something very useful. To achieve my desired behaviour the notation is

@NotNull
@Length(min = 2, message="{person.lastName.length}"))
public String getLastName()
{
return lastName;
}

Notice the squiggly brackets around the property in apostrohies!

However to make this actually work well you need a very bad setup. You need to have the Hibernate ValidatorMessages.properties files as well as the  Seam messages.properties files to exist and contain all properties.  If you only use the beans via Seam you can get away with the ValidatorMessages files only containing empty property definitions like this

validator.length=

so that at least you still have only one resource bundle with all the i18n texts.

As an alternative for now I am thinking of copying the message.properties files to ValidatorMessage.properties files as part of the build but surely there must be a better way.

Once we have a proper way this should go into the Seam wiki and one of the examples I suppose (or the upcoming book). I am happy to help with that.

manfred

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965818#3965818

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965818