[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam suggestion -> change Scope and ScopeType annotation

chuckadams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 14:06:05 EDT 2006

I think of a context as a closure over a scope.  Scopes are static constructs in the source, contexts are instances in the runtime.  I think context is one of the most overloaded terms in programming, but seam's use is pretty consistent with the way JEE (or at least the servlet spec) uses it.

It's certainly a better notation than my old perl framework that had conversation-like constructs, and it called them "scopes" throughout, giving rise to the notion of a scope going out of scope.

The javadoc could probably stand some more detail though :-/

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965849#3965849

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965849