[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: deploying instrumented code, not working

bdruth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 14:51:25 EDT 2006

"kabir.khan at jboss.com" wrote : I'm not 100% sure how it plays with other bytecode-manipulation products, but most of the time there is no problem.

  | A few suggestions:
  |
  | *Use cavaj or another decompiler to make sure that the classes on your classpath have been aopc'ed.
  |
  | * Pass the -verbose flag in to ant to make sure that you don't have both aopc'ed and non aopc'ed classes on your classpath
  |
  | * Try creating a jboss-aop.xml file and pass in -Djboss.aop.path=PATH_TO_XML and see if that makes any difference
  |
  | Are you saying that without the other frameworks involved it works as expected?

[cavaj] - when I go to open my .class, I see 9 .class files for my original class: MyClass.class, MyClass$1.class ... MyClass$7.class, MyClass$myMethod_4332187099655894166.class. Each file that I open in cavaj yields the error: "Could not parse the class file. The tree view will not be available. A parsing error occurred." I do see the src, though - MyClass.class looks normal, for the most part ... then MyClass$1 ... $7.class are all anonymous inner classes (call backs), and MyClass$myMethod_4332187099655894166.class has the AOP code in it:

import org.jboss.aop.Advisor;
  | import org.jboss.aop.MethodInfo;
  | import org.jboss.aop.advice.Interceptor;
  | import org.jboss.aop.instrument.Untransformable;
  | import org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.*;

[ant -verbose] Actually, I had to pass -debug, otherwise Ant doesn't provide the class load information. From that, I was able to see that Ant is loading the instrumented class ... it doesn't seem to differentiate betw. MyClass.class and all the MyClass$*.class files ...

It doesn't look like any AOP code at all is loading ... if I pass in "-Djboss.aop.class.path=blah" - I should get an error, but I don't ... nothing. If that doesn't cause problems, then I'm not sure that passing in the jboss-aop.xml will get me any further, it looks like nothings loading that looks at the jboss.aop.* system properties.

Cheers,
Brice Ruth

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965858#3965858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965858