[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: NPE using JSTL format

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 17:10:59 EDT 2006

Apparently no-one in the portal team is interested in getting the JSTL to work with the portal.*  But for those poor souls who are still wrestling with this and don't want to make my suggested patch, I just came across a hidden, top secret tag** supplied by the JBoss portal:  i18n.  This tag provides similar functionality as the standard fmt:message tag.  To see its usage, look at the file jboss-portal.sar/portal-core.war/WEB-INF/jsp/user/register.jsp.  That's all for now, I'm off to convert my JSPs to use the i18n tag.

* Actually, I understand this sentiment.  Sometimes what appears to be a small, innocuous change can really cause havoc or other forms of untold misery.  So I understand why the portal team would be hesitant to adopt the patch. Perhaps I should have placed a smiley face next to my comment; the comment is a jest, not a complaint.

**I grepped for 'i18n' in the portal docs directory and did not get any hits, therefore it must be top secret.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965897#3965897

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965897