[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: What's the best way to secure

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 05:30:51 EDT 2006

Advantage of JAAS is that it deeply integrated into JEE.  EJB3 allows you to have method access security, Seam gives you isUserInRole, userPrincipal components, Tomahawk gives you attributes to disable/hide the JSF component and probably some more which I'm unaware of :).  The one thing I haven't seen is a nice way of authenticating using a Seam component.

It is a bit difficult getting JAAS set up, but once all the xml files are correct it does 'just work';  there is a security example on the wiki which should get you going (be careful to put all the xml files in the correct archive and in the correct place (META-INF or archive root)).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965988#3965988

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965988