[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Logging to Syslog not logging everything

sjmenden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 10:55:15 EDT 2006

I would like to log to syslog, which should be easy, I just uncomment the following section.

  | <appender name="SYSLOG" class="org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender">
  |      <errorHandler class="org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler"/>
  |      <param name="Facility" value="local7"/>
  |      <param name="FacilityPrinting" value="true"/>
  |      <param name="SyslogHost" value="localhost"/>
  |      <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
  |        <param name="ConversionPattern" value="[%d{ABSOLUTE},%c{1}] %m%n"/>
  |      </layout>
  | </appender>

And my syslog.conf looks like:

  | local7.*        /var/log/jboss.log

It works, but JBoss is not logging out hardly any information to the /var/log/jboss.log file, only a few start up and shutdown messages, no INFO or any other messages.

Is there any other configuration to get JBoss to log to the syslog exactly as it logs to the console?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966073#3966073

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966073