[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - ws-security: Problem using encryption

kristof_taveirne do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 12:23:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm having a problem encrypting the messages in my webservice.
Here is what I did:

I added  in the jboss-wsse-server.xml file.

And I configured the client also to encrypt the entire message using JWSDP's xws-security package.

I created my web service using the contract first approach. So my wsdl describes the Web service messages as they would be without using encryption.

The soap-body the client now generates contains only a EncryptedData block, and I would assume that jbossws understands that when it receives an EncryptedData xml-message what to do with it.
But instead I get the following error:

Endpoint {BlehBleh}BlahBlah does not contain operation meta data for: {http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#}EncryptedData

What I'm thinking here is that jbossws tries to map the incomming xml message to an operation which ofcourse doesn't exist.

I would think that decryption would happen before trying to map the incomming XML to an operation, but apparently it doesnt know that it should Decrypt. For all it knows, maybe I've written an doc/lit style Web service that takes  xml ....

I've noticed one thing that could have something to do with it and that is the <wsdl-override> in jboss-client.xml. But then again that's only when the client is deployed on jboss, which in my case, it is not.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks alot,

Kristof.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966114#3966114