[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Invalid column index problem

ovidiu.feodorov@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 13:54:02 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote :
  | Other differences that we have noticed from CR3 are:
  | - You need to have the section in your datasource or you will get the following exception on startup:

The Messaging installation script does not modify in any way your datasource definition. It only assumes that "java:/DefaultDS" is deployed and running.

The way the installation script works is it looks at a "default" configuration and it creates a "messaging" configuration based on it, applying whatever changes are needed by Messaging. So if you have problems with datasource deployment, it's probably because your "default" configuration has the same problems as well.

anonymous wrote :
  | - The installer now creates the configuration "messaging" instead of "standalone-messaging". This was giving us grief, as we had an automated target in our application build script to configure JBoss with our queues and datasource.

The installer always created a "messaging" configuration by default. If you want a "standalone" configuration, then you need to run it this way:

  | ant -f release-admin.xml standalone

Nothing has changed between CR3 and CR4 here. You probably must have been using the installation script differently with CR3.

anonymous wrote :
  | - The JBoss messaging deployment is now named "jboss-messaging.sar" instead of "jboss-messaging"

See above. Messaging deployment directory was always named "jboss-messaging.sar" for a regular installation and "jboss-messaging" for a standalone installation. Nothing changed here, as well.

You probably must have doing a standalone installation with CR3 and switched to a regular installation with CR4.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966126#3966126

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966126