[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Extensions to EJB3: Message Driven POJOs

fredc888 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 15:29:38 EDT 2006

"bill.burke at jboss.com" wrote : The whole idea is to remove all the lookups and bootstrap code you have to do to obtain and send a message and receive and dispatch a JMS message.  With regular JMS you have to

  | 1) Get a connectionfactory
  | 2) Get a connection
  | 3) Get the destination
  | 4) ... and so on.
  |
  | The idea with MDP's are
  |
  | 1) Get a producer
  | 2) Invoke on producer

I think MD-POJO's are an excellent idea. I have one feature request though.

Is it possible to enhance the ProducerManagerImpl's open and close operation such that they can be reused. Currently

If I do
pm.open()
//do some work
pm.close()

I can't reuse the pm at a later execution, because pm.close() closes the connection objection but does not remove PM's reference to the connection, while pm.open() does not try to create a new connection (or reopen an existing connection that is closed) if PM has a reference to a connection object (regardless of the connection object's state).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966149#3966149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966149