[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conversations discarded when redirecting

Holy Joe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 16:15:57 EDT 2006

I'm using redirect-after-post, and I found that every request starts a new conversation, regardless of join=true on my Begins.  Looking at the code for org.jboss.seam.core.Manager, I see a line at the end of restoreConversation() that reads:

if ( ce.isRemoveAfterRedirect() )
         {
            setLongRunningConversation(false);
         }

and it seems that later in storeConversation(), that causes the conversation to be ditched.

How can I get my conversations to not be removed after redirect?

Also, for my education, what is this flag used for?  Why would one ever want to discard conversations this way?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966159#3966159

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966159