[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Blob balancer using cache - concept help

zambak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 17:12:23 EDT 2006

Hi

I was wondering if someone can help me decide if I can use JBoss Cache to solve following problem:

We have a webapp that will be installed on 2 servers which in turn will be load balanced using Cisco content switch. Web application has a user part which is to show a lot of images and an admin part which has capability to upload images.

The problem is that right now images are just files on a disk so when upload occurs I have to figure out how to "copy" the uploaded file onto another server.

What I would like to do is to store the uploaded image into a DB as a BLOB and then use cache to propagate it to other server. The problem is that I don't want user end of the app to load images from the DB but to somehow tell cache to recreate file on the disk and access it as a regular image...

So the webapp would run on 2 servers and would share a DB. On the admin side, no matter on which server the file gets uploaded to it will be inserted into DB. On the user side, cache will write the file from the DB to the disk and user part of the app will just hadle it as a regular image file.

I read JBoss Cache arhitecture and I understand I can persist the cache in the DB so it will survive server restarts. But can i tell JBOss cache to cache to the disk?

Is there a way.....I hope I explained the situation well...

Please help

Z....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966170#3966170

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966170