[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Please help me understand DataModelSelection

Holy Joe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 17:55:15 EDT 2006

I'm having a problem with DataModelSelection in my application.  I managed to create the same situation in the example "issues" application, so you don't need to wade through all the other crap in my real application.

My app works like the issues app, except that there is an intervening page between the editProject page and the editIssue page.  I simulated this in the issues app by changing the editProject page from this:

<h:commandButton action="#{issueEditor.selectIssue}" value="#{messages.View} #{messages.Issue}"/>

To this:

<h:commandButton action="funky" value="#{messages.View} #{messages.Issue}"/>

I put an entry in faces-config so that "funky" would go to funky.jsp, which contains only:

<h:commandButton action="#{issueEditor.selectIssue}" value="#{messages.View} #{messages.Issue}"/>

(i.e., the original button from the editProject page), surrounded by the necessary other HTML.

With that change, the application no longer works correctly.  Clicking on the View button in the editProject page brings up the funky page, and clicking that button takes me to editIssue, but it always edits the first issue.

Could someone explain to me the life of the DataModelSelection?  Why isn't it preserved through the intervening page?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966178#3966178

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966178