[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Hibernate/Cache conceptual mismatch

steve.ebersole@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 19 08:50:32 EDT 2006

What I am saying is that there is two usage patterns which force Hibernate to do puts into the cache.  But to JBossCache, a put is a put is a put and as such always receives a write lock; it does not distinguish the purpose or the context of the put.

(1) Hibernate loads data from the database and perfoms a put into the cache.  This is the one discussed before.  This is logically just a read.  We are not putting a change of system state into the cache.  Thus this should be a read lock to minimize contention.
(2) User, via Hibernate, modifies some data requiring Hibernate to do a put into the cache to store the new state.  This should be write locked.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966232#3966232

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966232