[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - When are components created?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 20 04:35:30 EDT 2006

I created a very simple component like this:

  | @Name("requestBean")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.EVENT)
  | public class RequestBean {
  |     private static final Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("RequestBean");
  |
  |     public RequestBean() {
  |         logger.info("Created a request bean!");
  |     }
  |
  |     private String affiliateId;
  |
  |     @RequestParameter
  |     public String getAffiliateId() {
  |         return affiliateId;
  |     }
  |
  |     public void setAffiliateId(String affiliateId) {
  |         logger.info("Setting the affiliate id param: " + affiliateId);
  |         this.affiliateId = affiliateId;
  |     }
  |
  | }

It would seem that, because the scope is EVENT, this bean would need to be instantiated for every single seam request, and yet I never see it get instantiated.  Various other beans do get instantiated, and I'm not sure how Seam decides.

Also, what is the use of the @RequestParameter annotation?  I've put in in various beans (stateful, stateless, entity, JavaBeans, etc) and it never gets called.  Is there a way to get access to request parameters?

All I want to do is have it so that if a user shows up at the site, the affiliateId (which is in a GET parameter) gets saved in a cookie.  Shouldn't be this hard but I can't figure out how to even access the parameter within Seam, or even get Seam to instantiate my component.

Any suggestions welcome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966297#3966297

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966297