[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBossCacheIDE 1.0 Released

gurkanerdogdu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 20 18:25:12 EDT 2006

Ben, I explained all the nifty details about the usage of  ide in the JBoss Cache IDE user documentation that I have sent you :). Anyway I like to try answer your questions quickly :)

anonymous wrote :
  | 1. I can create the node on the "Cache Config" pane. But how do I add the key, value pair? "Show Content" seems to be read only.

 Creating the local cache instances in the pane and playing with operations on it as locally (Start/Stop/Add new Node/Remove Node) is provided as experimental just for beginner users of the JBoss Cache . It is not advisable to start this cache instance in the Eclipse environment that join to already exist cache groups. It is there for just getting the idea about the cache operations.

 Actually, creating the local cache instance on the cache config pane is used for getting the related cache configuration file as qucikly using the wizard. In other words, you could create the cache configuration file using wizard, view the cache config file with open editor on it and play with attributes qucikly.

 This ide is used for visualizing the cache content running on the remote server. So with creating remote cache instances in the Eclipse environment, you could able to view cache content as read only. This is the main point of using this ide.

anonymous wrote :
  | 2. In cache.cgf.xml pane, "Design" tab means what? It seems to me you are just showing bunch of xml tak and attributes.

 If you open the cache config file with cache editor, you see the editor with two tab : Design and Source. Design tab is used for viewing the structure of the document, and source is the actual XML file. You can insert/update operations to the XML file with supplying content assistant processor that I explained in the user documentation.

anonymous wrote :
  | 3. Finally, and most importantly, how do I use PojoCache and display it? I see that you have a object graph view. That is very teasing. :-)

 I explained the usage of this in also user doc :) But as a quick answer, the object graph is just give the classes of the objects in the cache nodes.

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966345#3966345

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966345