[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: JCA Connector (RAR) inside EAR not getting bound to JNDI

technobrat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 21 14:27:47 EDT 2006

Thanks for your prompt reply Weston.

I need to provide the connector, and indeed the whole application, as something that just works out of the box. The end users are free to deploy to a number of application servers, including JBoss. I've found that the most portable way to do this was to bundle everything into an EAR and include  appserver specific depoyment descriptors in the archives itself.

Yes, I did initially keep -ds.xml outside the module while I was debugging and tweeking. Now that I have arrived at the desired settings, I have tucked it inside the module.

Just to reiterate, this approach of bundling -ds.xml within the module works when I deploy the module standalone (as a RAR), but doesn't work when the module is within an EAR.

Thanks for your comments.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966509#3966509

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966509