[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Removing PORT from URL.

illuminati do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 21 15:12:51 EDT 2006

New poster and user.  Forgive the the question, but I've been assigned the task of securing our site.

I've put in the following xml tags in our web.xml file:

<security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>Security page
            </web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/StuffWeWantSecure/*</url-pattern>
            <http-method>GET</http-method>
            <http-method>POST</http-method>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <user-data-constraint>
        </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

This all works great except for one problem...
When I'm redirected to the SSL port the port number "8443" (which is correct) is being included in the url and my jboss server is returning a 404.

Does anybody know how to remove the port number from the URL?  I want the request to be https://www.mydomain.com/StuffWeWantSecure/SomePage.html
instead of
https://www.mydomain.com:8443/StuffWeWantSecure/SomePage.html.

If anybody knows how, your help will be so greatly appreciated, believe me.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966520#3966520

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966520