[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Blob balancer using cache - concept help

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 21 15:31:46 EDT 2006

IIRC, the OSCache and ESCache filters actually serve the image from the in-memory cached data.  (I could be wrong; it's been a while.)  You could do the same, and eliminate the FileCacheLoader.

Serving files is surprisingly non-trivial though, so letting Tomcat do it by putting the file on the filesystem has advantages. What I described *could* work, I haven't tried something like it.

The kind of funky thing about it is you're not really using the in-memory portion of the cache -- the webserver serves file from disk and the real store is the db.  JBC is just being used to replicate the file from one server to another so the filesystem image is up to date.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966523#3966523

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966523