[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Blob balancer using cache - concept help

carlabramsson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 22 03:48:22 EDT 2006

Mayby you could evict/remove the image (or some kind of ImageInfo-object) from the cache when a new image is uploaded or updated and then use a TreeCache interceptor that triggers the recreation of the image on disk on each instance.

But I wouldn't store the actual image (the byte array) in the TreeCache, intead a pointer of some kind. Replicating a large image over the TreeCache/JGroups cluster could be slow depending on you config... We have a cluster with 8 servers and have had some performance problems with large objects.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966613#3966613

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966613