[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Application Permissions

buddy1974 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 22 16:10:53 EDT 2006

"petemuir" wrote :
  | Isn't this just a semantic mismatch?  If you consider a JAAS role as a Permission, then have Group(s) of Permission(s) (JAAS roles), and place in a User in a group then IMO you have solved the mismatch.

Ok, so I have groups of roles, and groups of users, how would I define which user has which group of roles.

Users, Groups and Roles are a loose coupling. They have nothing to do with each other. A User can have as many groups of roles in and be in as many groups as he wants to.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966788#3966788

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966788