[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Best way to learn

danny_hon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 22 20:41:44 EDT 2006

I found out what's wrong with the setAttribute.  It was because I missed the struts-portlet-config.xml file.  Once I specified the attribute names in that file, the request.setAttribute(...) works.

However, the error handling is still not working.  In the ActionForm's validate() method, I have something like this:

errors = new ActionErrors();
errors.add(ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE,
                new ActionMessage("error.invalidValue"));
return errors

The struts-bridge documentation says this is automatically handled by the framework, but the JSP <html:errors /> does not show anything.  I will try your CustomRequestProcessor to see what happen.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966834#3966834

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966834