[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Testing pages within JBoss / Seam

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 23 02:56:49 EDT 2006

I'm sure all of us have heard of the PHP development cycle: you run httpd/php on your computer, you go into the htdocs directory, you edit the file, you hit reload, you tweak something, you hit reload again, etc.  As horrible as PHP is, that does give you a quick testing loop.

How can I do something like that with my .jsp pages?  I fully understand that if I need to change some JavaBean or whatever, I do need to redeploy the app.  But I don't need to make a lot of small incremental changes to the Java parts.  I need to make lots of small incremental changes to the View part of it, like moving something around, changing a font, that kind of small thing.

Can I do something like that within JBoss?

Right now, I have a build.xml file which compiles everything and puts everything into a .ear file and copies it over to server/default/deploy and then I can hit reload.

But is there a way I can make View-type changes (changes to my .jsp pages) without having to do that?

I know that within Tomcat I can just go into the directory and change .jsp files and the server does the right thing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966879#3966879

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966879