[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Standalone applications and JBoss Cache

suppyam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 23 08:34:45 EDT 2006

I came to the conclusion that TreeCache is not serializable, which would be strange if true... Which is why I posted the other topic "is TreeCache serializable". When binding TreeCache, its an empty object. So the process is:

1. In my weblogic startup class, I bind an EMPTY TreeCache object. Invoke createService() and startService()
2. In my applicatoin code, I am simply looking up this TreeCache object - and it throws an exception.

  | Caused by: javax.naming.ConfigurationException [Root exception is java.rmi.MarshalException: error marshalling return; nested exception is:
  | 	java.io.NotSerializableException: org.jboss.cache.TreeCache]
  | 	at weblogic.jndi.internal.ExceptionTranslator.toNamingException(ExceptionTranslator.java:45)
  | 	at weblogic.jndi.internal.ExceptionTranslator.toNamingException(ExceptionTranslator.java:77)
  | 	at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.translateException(WLContextImpl.java:418)
  | 	at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:374)
  | 	at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:359)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)

With the same code, if I bind a TreeMap object instead, I am able to do the lookup.

Am I missing something?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966941#3966941

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966941