[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: JBoss 4.0.2, EJB QL and Left join problem

Holy Joe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 23 09:51:25 EDT 2006

Sorry about that.  I'm afraid I don't have the ambition to write a small test app so that I can get the query right, but if you're stuck for ideas you may want to tweak it to get the RIGHT JOIN working (I know that part is legal, anyway).  I suspect it is because of the use of IN() instead of INNER JOIN syntax, but I'm not sure.  Maybe something like

  | SELECT OBJECT(o) FROM ChargingPoint AS o JOIN o.history AS h RIGHT JOIN SubNetwork n
  |   WHERE h.isActive = true
  |   AND h.beginDate <= ?2 AND (h.endDate IS NULL OR h.endDate > ?2)
  |   AND (h.downstreamSubNetwork = n OR h.upstreamSubNetwork = n)
  |   AND (n = ?1)
  |   ORDER BY o.identifier

  Again, though, I don't have a whole lot of hope that the right join will fix the problem anyway, so you may not want to spend too much time on it.  Perhaps just issuing two queries won't be too much of a performance problem.

Good luck.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966967#3966967

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966967