[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Can not open socket connection on Linux box using Transporte

vivash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 23 23:27:24 EDT 2006

Hi,

 I am running server on linux and client on windows. Here is the code,

Server Side,

  |    public static String locatorURI = "socket://localhost:5400";
  |     transportServer = TransporterServer.createTransporterServer(getLocatorURI(), new ClientAPIImpl());

  Client Side,

  |    private String locatorURI = "socket://172.16.1.89:5400";
  |
  |    orderService = (IClientAPI) TransporterClient
  | 					.createTransporterClient(locatorURI, IClientAPI.class);

The program runs fine if both Client and Server are on the same box (either linux or windows), but if the server is on linux and client on windows I am not even able to ping its port (5400). Client just fails with not able to get connection error.

I ran "netstat -an" on the server box and I do see server listening at port 5400. I even explicitly opened 5400 using iptables, but still when I run "telnet 172.16.1.89 5400" from my client machine it fails.

Does anyone knows if I need to any other configuration on my server box for this remote connection to work?

Thanks for any help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967134#3967134

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967134