[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Can't inject entityManager into application component?

RobJellinghaus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 25 03:22:55 EDT 2006

Why doesn't this work?
@Startup
  | @Scope(APPLICATION)
  | @Name("replogApplication")
  | public class ReplogApplication {
  |    @In(create=true)
  |    private transient EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  |    @Create
  |    public void init ()
  |    {
  |       log.debug("Creating replogApplication");
  |
  |       // for now, create one SiteSynchronizer per defined Site
  |       List<Site> sites = entityManager.createQuery("from Site").getResultList();  // line 37
  |    }

I get this at startup time:
   [testng] java.lang.NullPointerException
  |    [testng]     at com.robjsoftware.replog.ReplogApplication.init(ReplogApplication.java:37)
  |    [testng]     at com.robjsoftware.replog.ReplogApplication$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$dfe7020b.CGLIB$init$0(<generated>)
  |    [testng]     at com.robjsoftware.replog.ReplogApplication$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$dfe7020b$$FastClassByCGLIB$$52404ff7.invoke(<generated>)
  |    [testng]     at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invokeSuper(MethodProxy.java:167)
  |    [testng]     at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.JavaBeanInterceptor$1.proceed(JavaBeanInterceptor.java:80)
Why isn't an entityManager being injected?  Is it against the rules for an application-scoped component to have an injected EntityManager?  Couldn't find that documented anywhere.  If I missed it, where was it documented?

Thanks for any clues,
Rob

(P.S. Hope you had a great vacation Gavin! ... if you're back yet!  :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967413#3967413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967413