[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - jBPM in cooperation with SEAM

montana do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 25 07:36:56 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm evaluating jBPM in cooperation with SEAM.
I built a EE-project structure in eclipse. I also integrated jBPM and my business process. I can use the SEAM provided functionality for starting / ending tasks generated by the process.
BUT, I  stuck on transferring data from a web-form to the task variables.

Task definition in process "cardApplication":

  |    <task-node name="Gather Missing Information">
  |       <task name="Gather Missing Information" swimlane="administrator">
  |          <controller>
  |             <variable name="name"></variable>
  |             <variable name="firstName"></variable>
  |             <variable name="income"></variable>
  |          </controller>
  |       </task>
  |       <transition name="re-validate" to="Validation"></transition>
  |    </task-node>

Here the Bean for handling the task:

  | @Name("taskBean")
  | public class TaskBean {
  |
  | 	@CreateProcess(definition="cardApplication")
  | 	public void createNewCardApplication() {}
  |
  | 	@StartTask
  | 	public void start() {}
  |
  | 	@EndTask
  | 	public void stop() {}
  |
  | }

How can I get the values from a form into the task instance variables? Can somebody give me a hint? Is there some support provided by SEAM?

Thanks in advance.

Montana

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967455#3967455

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967455