[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Passing information from UI into taskInstance

jmjava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 25 13:01:05 EDT 2006

lol... through the API yes i figured that.

a more appropriate question would be: can i pass UI information to an ActionHandler?

for instance if i want to store a variable pulled from the UI in a TaskInstance is an ActionHandler an inappropriate choice (event based execution)?

OR -- should i just retrieve the taskInstance with my own code in response to a user action and set it myself?

I guess what i'm having problems understanding is when to use ActionHandlers.  The docs seem to indicate that you can define an ActionHandler to  create a taskInstance but if i want to assign that task instance to a userID when it's created there doesn't appear to be a way to UI information (userID) into the ActionHandler.  Actionhandler can only retrieve information already in the context from what i see.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967527#3967527

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967527