[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: A couple of observations

RobJellinghaus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 25 18:53:00 EDT 2006

Your problem seems to make sense to me.  You basically want a method something like:

Component.createComponent(componentClass)

which would return a Seam-wrapped instance of componentClass that was not stored in any context.

The main thing this loses, though, is any ability for Seam to track the lifecycle of these "disconnected components".  Since lifecycle tracking (and persistence context handling) is one of Seam's primary benefits, I can see why Gavin isn't too focused on this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967595#3967595

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967595