[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: A couple of observations

iradix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 10:15:53 EDT 2006

I hadn't really thought of that, however in the case where I would want to use something like this the "scope" of the object would be its parent -  i.e. the object which created it.

I'm not saying that a "createComponent" method is necessarily the way to go, but right now it seems to me that Seam promotes a somewhat monolithic backing bean.  In situations where I'd like to delegate the function of my SFSB's to sub-objects I'm dettered from doing so because those sub-objects either must be published to a context or cannot take advantage of bijection.  Here's an idea... how about a @ChildComponent annotation specifying that a field should also take part in the bijection of its parent?  Kind of like EJB3's @Embedded?  Conceptually I actually like that alot and since the @ChildComponent would explicitly live within a parent it would be tied to the parents lifecycle and solve that issue as well.  It could also be applied to collections which would solve my original problem.  What do you think?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967826#3967826

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967826