[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Using JBoss Portal 2.4 with SQL Server 2005

shah_117 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 12:18:33 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I recently downloaded the production release of JBoss Portal 2.4. I want to configure it to use the SQL Server 2005 database  instance that I have running on a different system rather than the default Hypersonic database. But I cant seem to get it to work. When I execute run.bat, it gives me a bunch of run time errors and I cant access the JBoss portal page.

This is what I have done so far: (please excuse the verbosity...):

I followed the instructions in the Reference guide to set up the sql server datasource (modified the portal-sqlserver-ds.xml file, created a database - PortalDS, created a user, granted the user db_owner permission on the PortalDS database). Next I downloaded the jTDS jdbc driver for Sql Server 2005 (version 1.2) & copied the jar file (jtds-1.2.jar) to the JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib/ directory. Next I removed the portal-hssqldb-ds.xml file from the JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy directory & copied the modified portal-sqlserver-ds.xml file there. Now when I execute the run.bat file, I get a lot of run time errors & the portal doesnt start.

Please advise. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Shahnaz.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967859#3967859

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967859