[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Initialize WS in deployment descriptor?

gmn314 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 17:27:25 EDT 2006

Hi,

When creating JBoss Webservices, you package a java class as though it were a Servlet.  In the web.xml, you specify  element in web.xml with <servlet-name>, <servlet-class>, <load-on-startup> etc.  You also create a <servlet-mapping> element.  However, the Java class invoked is not actually a Servlet!

My question is, is there any way that I can initialize my Java Webservice in the web.xml?  I can't specify init parameters, as I would a servlet, because the class is not a servlet.  Is the only way to use a regular properties file, and read the file from you Java class that implements your webservice?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967938#3967938

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967938