[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Bad password for username=admin

AndrewBoyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 17:28:59 EDT 2006

Peter,
  I want to thank you for taking the time to help!  I compaired your ds-xml to mine and they look the same.  here is mine:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <datasources>
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>PortalDS</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jbossportal?useServerPrepStmts=false&amp;jdbcCompliantTruncation=false</connection-url>
  |     <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |     <user-name>portalUser</user-name>
  |     <password>portalUser</password>
  |   </local-tx-datasource>
  | </datasources>

anonymous wrote : The 'table not found' error is expected the first time you run the portal with a new database. Hibernate creates the table automatically.

I was aware that some errors happened with the initial startup but I've seen this one before.  I just rebooted and here are the errors during startup:

  |  INFO  [FacesConfigurator] Reading config /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
  |  ERROR [LocaleUtils] Locale name null or empty, ignoring
  |
  | ... snip ...
  |
  | WARN  [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache]; using defaults.
  | INFO  [StandardQueryCache] starting query cache at region: org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache
  | WARN  [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache]; using defaults.
  | WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 1146, SQLState: 42S02
  | ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Table 'jbossportal.jbp_instance_per_user' doesn't exist
  | INFO  [Dialect] Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect

...snip...

  | 17:14:22,593 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] Unsuccessful: create table JBP_INSTANCE_PER_USER (PK bigint not null auto_increment, INSTANCE_PK bigint, SER_STATE longblob, USER_ID varchar(170) not null, PORTLET_RE
  | F varchar(170) not null, primary key (PK), unique (USER_ID, PORTLET_REF))
  | 17:14:22,593 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
  | 17:14:22,609 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] Unsuccessful: alter table JBP_INSTANCE_PER_USER add index FK9349B3D05EE4E4AE (INSTANCE_PK), add constraint FK9349B3D05EE4E4AE foreign key (INSTANCE_PK) references JBP
  | _INSTANCE (PK)
  | 17:14:22,609 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] Table 'jbossportal.jbp_instance_per_user' doesn't exist
  | 17:14:22,609 INFO  [SchemaUpdate] schema update complete

Do you think I should go ahead and drop the database and re-create as you show above?  I don't have any data.  Perhaps since I don't have the hybernate -ds.xml there anymore it will treate it as the initial startup and will create everyting for me.

Thanks again,

Andrew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967939#3967939

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967939