[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - java.naming.provider.url parsing problem?

csturtz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 18:20:20 EDT 2006

I'm running integration tests from outside of the JBoss AS and am using the "jndi.properties" file to access the context.

I'm unable to ever get the connection because it seems there's a problem parsing the java.naming.provider.url value.  I've tried many different values that i've found on the net.

if i use "jnp://localhost:1099":
anonymous wrote : javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: "jnp://localhost:1099" and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server "jnp:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server "jnp:1099 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: "jnp: "jnp]]]
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1414)
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:594)
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:587)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
  | 	at com.gestalt.gccsa.fp.adhoc.db.objectmanager.ws.FunctGroupObjectManager.getConnection(FunctGroupObjectManager.java:866)
  | 	at com.gestalt.gccsa.fp.adhoc.db.objectmanager.ws.FunctGroupObjectManager.saveFunctGroupVersionObject(FunctGroupObjectManager.java:305)
  | 	at com.gestalt.gccsa.fp.adhoc.db.objectmanager.ws.SqlQueryManagerTest.(SqlQueryManagerTest.java:34)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
  | 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
  | 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
  | 	at junit.framework.TestSuite.createTest(TestSuite.java:56)
  | 	at junit.framework.TestSuite.addTestMethod(TestSuite.java:279)
  | 	at junit.framework.TestSuite.(TestSuite.java:142)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
  | 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
  | 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.constructTestObject(JUnitTestSet.java:148)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.getTestCount(JUnitTestSet.java:244)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.locateTestSets(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:101)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.createSuiteFromDefinition(Surefire.java:147)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:108)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  | 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  | 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:225)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:747)
  | Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server "jnp:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server "jnp:1099 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: "jnp: "jnp]]
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:269)
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1385)
  | 	... 28 more
  | Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server "jnp:1099 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: "jnp: "jnp]
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:243)
  | 	... 29 more
> [...]

what happend to the url for it to print this: [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: "jnp: "jnp]  ???

I can list all the other values i've tried and their corresponding results, but that would take more time than i have right now.  Before i go to all that trouble, are there any known problems with this?  Is there something i'm missing?

jndi.properties
java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=jnp://localhost:1099
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967946#3967946

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967946