[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM 3.1 beta 2 is not thread safe !

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 18:42:52 EDT 2006

"jonabbey" wrote :
  | It appears that the problem is that the JbpmConfiguration class uses ThreadLocalStorage for the jbpmContextStacks.. If we attempt to hold a context open and call it from multiple threads, we'll see this error.

afaik, you are not supposed to keep them open

make atomic calls, don't reuse contexts"jonabbey" wrote :
  | I presume something similar is happening on the servlet side, where multiple servlet calls are winding up executing on different threads.

Each new request gets a new context

"jonabbey" wrote :
  | I don't understand how this design feature can really work in a J2EE environment.  Far better to give each client context its own JbpmContext object, synchronize the methods, and then let anyone call close() on it, without regard to what thread is doing the work.
Each client context (request) gets its own jbpm context in the webapp. Look at the servletfilters in 3.1 or the jsf jbpmbean in 3.2.

If I'm wrong somewhere, let me know. I'm still learning :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967958#3967958

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967958