[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Entity Scope question

sjmenden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 29 13:57:02 EDT 2006

The seam docs are not completely clear on where an Entity lives when it exists in several scopes.

The following example:

  | @Entity
  | @Name("dog")
  | @Scope(EVENT)
  | @Role(name="currentDog", scope=SESSION)
  | @Table(name="dogs")
  | public class Dog implements Serializable {

So now, when exactly does my dog live in the EVENT scope and when does he live in the SESSION scope with the name currentDog.

Based on what I have observed so far, I would guess that the currentDog object gets put in the SESSION scope the first time I outject it, is that correct?

Also, if I outject the dog object

  | @Out Dog dog.

Does this mean that the Dog object gets outjected to both EVENT(dog) and SESSION(currentDog)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968168#3968168

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968168