[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: How to enable log level for EJB3 QL?

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 29 14:42:41 EDT 2006

EJB3 Entities in JBoss use Hibernate under the hood.  So in persistence.xml, I pass in the property:

<property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true" />

I'm pretty sure this instructs Hibernate to write to System.out.  If anyone knows how to get this sent to Commong Logging or Log4J appenders, I'd love to know.

I also like to see the output from the Schema Export, so set the following in my $JBOSS_HOME/server//[servername]/conf/log4j.xml:

<!-- Show SQL Logs for Hibernate Schema Export -->
  | 	<category name="org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport">
  | 		<priority value="DEBUG" />
  | 	</category>

S,
ALR