[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Same datasource in multiple ear applications

connerjohn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 29 17:01:26 EDT 2006

"ALRubinger" wrote :
  | If you'd like to only have one instance of your persistence.xml file, consider repackaging such that both of your Seam apps will have access to it...

ALR,

Thanks for the information.  I didn't realize that the persistence unit name had to be unique across ears.  I assumed that the names would be localized to the namespace of each individual ear application.  I wanted to use Seam and am learning a whole lot about applications servers in the process.

What would you recommend I do for "repackaging".  Just create another ear file with the bare minimum to load the persistence unit into the JNDI session?  Or is their something else I should consider.

Thanks,
--jc

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968220#3968220

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968220