[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Simple? JSP script

brogers@cips.ca do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 29 17:18:14 EDT 2006

I have a jar file and a JSP script that references it.

The jar file contains a class "fortune.Fortune" but when I try the import directive "<%@ page import="fortune.Forutne" %>"  i get the error message:

"Only a type can be imported. fortune.Forutne resolves to a package"

I have tried several places to put the fortune.jar file:

* $JBOSS_HOME/sever/all/lib
* $JBOSS_HOME/sever/all/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/ROOT.war/WEB-INF/lib
* $JBOSS_HOME/sever/all/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/ROOT.war/
* $JBOSS_HOME/sever/all/server/lib
* same directory as my jsp file

Each to no avail.

Question:
1. Where should I place the fortune.jar file
2. Is there a config file I need to update to reference this jar file?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968228#3968228

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968228