[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Have scheduler depend on queue

anog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 30 06:02:57 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm new to Jboss, so I'm still having some problems.. Hopefully you'll be able to help me :-)

I currently have a scheduler which checks for new email messages on a POP server. When a new message arrives, it places a message on a queue.
The Scheduler and the queue are part of two different .ear files, since the queue is used by several services.

As such, I wanted to make sure the scheduler doesn't start until the queue is created. How can I accomplish this?
I probably have to use the "depends" tag on the scheduler's jboss-service.xml file, but what do I have to put inside it?

I can't find this anywhere on the internet... Maybe I didn't search for the correct keywords..?

Here are the jboss-service xml snippets of the queue and of the scheduler:

	<mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue" name="com.test.mycomponent.shared:service=Queue,name=inMessages">
  | 		<depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  | 	</mbean>

	<mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
  | 		name=":service=EmailCheckerScheduler">
  | 		<!-- StartAtStartup should be false so it only runs when schedulabled -->
  | 		<attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>
  | 		<attribute name="SchedulableClass">
  | 			com.test.mycomponent.email.EmailCheckerScheduler</attribute>
  | 		<!-- set precise date to schedule to precise time of day -->
  | 		<attribute name="InitialStartDate">0</attribute>
  | 		<!-- run every 24h -->
  | 		<attribute name="SchedulePeriod">1000</attribute>
  | 		<!-- run forever -1 -->
  | 		<attribute name="InitialRepetitions">-1</attribute>
  | 	</mbean>

Thank you in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968322#3968322

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968322