[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Invalid Principal getting db connection

kiuma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 30 08:42:34 EDT 2006

Hello,
I'm having the following problem:

I'm using a servlet to connect to a remote EJB,
The servlet can choose the server where the EJB is located, so I create an InitialContext setting its environment.
Then SessionEjb method is called and it performs some operation on DB.

And this works!

Problems arise because I've implemented a sort of failover: if the method of SessionBean fails on server A its catch clause il tries to do the same operation on server B, but on server B instantiating a new InitialContext and getting the interface from it.

I can access the method on server B from A but when I try to open the db connection I get and Invalid principal exception.

The strange thing is that if I access the same method fom the servlet I've no Exceptions.

The servlet is located for both cases on server C.

Could someone tell me why I have this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
kiuma

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968356#3968356

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968356